Mechanics seeking help with changing forklift tires need look no further!
Here’s an overview of how to remove forklift tires to get you started:
– Press-on tires must be pressed onto the wheel using a hydraulic press.
– Solid pneumatic tires also need to be pressed off and the new tire pressed on.
– Pneumatic (air-filled) tires must be inflated with extreme caution inside a tire cage.
– Always call a reputable dealer to change out your forklift tires.
If these instructions are not clear, or you have questions, don’t hesitate, get the help you need and get those forklift tires changed safely!
How to remove Press-On Forklift Tires
As a mechanic seeking help with changing press-on forklift tires, the process is fairly simple. Here are the steps to follow:
- Jack up the forklift
- Place blocks at four points of the machine for safety
- Use an impact gun to remove lug nuts from drive tires
- Uninstall drive tires
- Uninstall steer tires
- Press the tires
- Install new press on tires
How to Change Solid Pneumatic Forklift Tires
Are you a mechanic looking for help with changing solid pneumatic forklift tires? Here’s what you need to know:
– Jack the forklift and place blocks strategically at four points of the machine.
– Uninstall the tires from the forklift and dismount them from their rim.
– If you have a multi-piece wheel, remove the side ring and lock ring. If you have a split wheel, use a tire iron to pry the top half of the split rim from the tire.
– Finally, clean and inspect the rim for any wear or damage.
Press the tires
– First, our techs inspect the wheel to determine what kind of tire and wheel are needed.
– If it is a multi-piece wheel, press the tire onto the rim, then replace the lock ring and side ring.
– If it is a split-rim wheel, the new solid pneumatic tires are pressed onto the bottom half of the split rim. Then the top half of the wheel is pressed down to meet the tire.
– Next, press the tire onto the rim or split rim wheel.
– Finally, reinstall the tires onto the forklift.
How to remove pneumatic tires on a forklift
Mechanics seeking help learning how to remove pneumatic forklift tires will be glad to know that the process is straightforward and simple. Here’s what you need to do:
• Jack and block the forklift
• Deflate the old tires, then remove the valve core and make sure all air is out of the tire casing
• Uninstall the wheel assembly from the forklift by using an impact gun to remove the lug nuts
• Remove the side ring and lock ring
• Dismount the tire from the rim, cleaning and inspecting it before mounting a new one
• Replace both rings and place in tire cage for inflation to proper pressure
• Deflate tire and remove from cage
• Re-install on forklift and re-inflate
Following these steps will help prevent any issues when changing pneumatic tires, ensuring that your forklift remains in top condition.
You can always find great deals on forklift tires on FleetNow.